CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Tuesday, January 24, 2012

Potty Chronicles

Today Brent had his first speech appointment at the public school.  It went well and he came out smiling.  Relief is the only word I can think of, but that is truly an understatement. His teacher said we would have homework next week - a list of words to practice.  Great.  There is no way this will possibly go well.  The kid is less than cooperative.

Speaking of less than cooperative, someone needs to open a potty training boot camp.  Other than me.  It is a gold mine waiting to happen!  I apologize profusely to the friends that I offered potty training advice to BC (before child).  Potty training children at school is SO MUCH DIFFERENT than trying to potty train one at home.  It's easier at school, really...because they are ALL doing it!  Mine could care less.  I've tried all my tricks.  Nothing works.  Stickers, M&Ms, big boy underwear, diapers, pull-ups, toys, other bribes, going every 30 minutes to an hour, potty dances, reading books, singing songs, watching videos, running the water, decorating the bathroom, etc.  Nothing works.  The only thing I have left is to let him run around naked.  I have heard this works.  I am still debating whether it is worth it.  I really think diapers aren't that expensive...but in all honesty, if someone will take my child now and potty train him within a month, I would pay hundreds of dollars.  Yes, seriously.  Have you tried to potty train lately?  We started so long ago I can't even remember when we started.  I began when the books say to - he started showing interest.  He learned quickly the purpose of sitting on the potty.  He pees every time he sits!  In fact, he's so good at it, he can pee, stop, then two minutes later, pee again to try and convince me he deserves more candy and another sticker!  The problem is, he is convinced he has "better things to do" and finds the convenience of peeing on himself better than sitting on the potty for two minutes.  I have tried to convince him it takes me longer to change his diaper, but really, he just doesn't care.  Did I mention hundreds of dollars?  Anyone?



0 comments:

Post a Comment