CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Wednesday, January 18, 2012

Happy B'day, Brent!

Today Brent turns three.  He let everyone know, too.  "No 'oo. 'ree!" ("No, two. Three!)  He is definitely excited.  He enjoyed opening presents and is always fun to watch because he seems to really appreciate everything - no matter what it is.  I hope that characteristic will always remain with him.  That no matter how blessed he is, he is thankful for every bit of it.

We headed to Chuck E Cheese for lunch, where he enjoyed "being a kid" and then it was home for nap.  I took a nap, too, as I was feeling unusually exhausted.  Would you believe my family has shared the household plague with me?  Great.  I have a birthday party to finish planning for Saturday, groceries to buy, and all I want to do is curl up in bed and sleep.  Did I mention raising a three-year old?  Stay at home Moms really get screwed in this department - probably more so than anything else.  No sick days.  You and the kid(s) can be sick as everything and you are usually left to fend for yourself.

I felt so badly - we didn't go out for dinner, and we didn't even sing Happy Birthday (though it was his choice not to eat a cupcake).  I realize this will all be done again on Saturday and he won't even remember (and probably doesn't even realize) but Mom Guilt is a very strong thing, over the silliest things, usually.

Happy Birthday, Brent!  Mama loves you.  Today I will share this blog...may it always remind me to cherish every moment with you and create happy memories that you, too, will want to instill in your own child(ren).









0 comments:

Post a Comment