CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Wednesday, March 21, 2012

"Go 'ight, NO! 'IGHT!!"

This blogging thing is hard.  I am not sure how other people do it every day...and some multiple times a day!  My life just isn't that interesting.  Even when Brent keeps me laughing, I have usually forgotten by the end of the day what it was he did that was so funny....or I decide it really isn't that funny if you didn't experience it first hand.  So sometimes I am really digging.  Work with me here.

Brent has been telling me how to drive now for several months.  " 'een! Go 'ast, Mama!" (Green! Go fast, Mama!) or " 'een! GOOO!" (Green! GOOO!)...never mind the cars sitting still in front of me.  Then he moved on to telling me which direction things were...  " 'ounce house 'at way!" (Bounce house that way!) However, last week, he started giving me literal directions.  "Go 'ight, Mama!" (Go right, Mama), or my favorite, when I don't actually go the direction he declares, "Go 'ight, Mama...NOOOOO!!  'IGHT!!!"  Thank you, Brent!  I realize I do not have the best sense of direction, but I am pretty sure I know how to get to Wal-mart.  He had never told me to go left- he always said, "that way" and pointed left.  However, he was always pointing right when he said 'ight.  I was telling Matt about it and how I didn't know the kid had figured it out.

Last night Matt tells me to watch our son.  He asked him where his right hand was...he held it up.  Left knee...he pointed.  He went through both ears, feet, elbows, and hands.  Seriously!??!  When did the kid learn left and right?  He still screams and throws a tantrum (WHILE still refusing to use the potty, did I mention that?!?) but he knows the difference between left and right?

Speaking of potty training, the excitement over the potty dance has died...along with my hope that my child will not go to Kindergarten pooping on himself.  I am still convinced God is laughing at me because of all the poor parents I probably made feel horrible because I had no idea what being a mom was like when I was teaching.

0 comments:

Post a Comment